TCT's Next General Meeting is: Monday, November 18, 2019 at 6:30 pm
2019 FESTIVAL THEME: Home for the Holidays
We ask you, our very imaginative playwrights, to bring us a ten-minute play that explores the theme: Home for the Holidays.
Producers note: Please keep it as “family friendly” as possible.
1. Any resident of Kern County, Los Angeles County, members of Tehachapi Community Theatre (no matter where you reside) or members of the Association of Los Angeles Playwright’s (ALAP) is eligible to submit a script.
2. Playwrights may submit one (1) 10-minute play. Submissions must be unproduced. For the purposes of this event, a play will be deemed to have been produced if it has had one or more performances at which admission was charged, and the actors were off-book; this applies whether or not the author received royalties, and regardless of the quality of the production values. The sole exception is if the show was presented as a one-performance fund-raiser in which all creative personnel donated their services.
3. Your submission must be accompanied by a completed submission form. For entries sent in by e-mail, the submission form may be scanned and e-mailed, or the form may be mailed but must be received within 10 days of the deadline. A mailed submission form must be postmarked no later than September 15, 2019.
4. Plays should not exceed 10 minutes in running time; please verify this by reading your play aloud and editing as necessary before submitting. Any play which, in the opinion of the judges, will substantially exceed 10 minutes will be disqualified.
5. Since scripts will be judged anonymously, the title page should bear the name of the play only; the author’s name must not appear anywhere on the script. Author information will be collected on the required submission form.
6. Submissions may be by either US Mail or e-mailed to Playwrights@TCTonstage.com. Submission must be received no later than September 15, 2019. TCT is not responsible for late, undelivered, or misdirected submissions. Plays submitted by e-mail must be in PDF, Word Document or Open Office format. If mailed, please do not staple or clip pages.
7. An e-mail acknowledgement will be sent upon receipt of the submission.
8. If your play is a Component One winner, you will be notified no later than October 4, 2019. Eight plays will be selected to be produced in November/December 2019 at the BeeKay Theatre in Tehachapi.
TWO JUDGING COMPONENTS:
Component One: the literary judging. Your work will be read and scored by our judges. Based on the scores, eight finalists will be selected for production.
Component Two: the audience votes for their top three favorite plays at the end of each performance.
The top three audience favorite plays will be announced at the final performance, with the first-place winning playwright receiving a cash prize of $100.00, the second-place winning playwright receiving $75.00 and the third-place winning playwright receiving a cash prize of $50.00. In addition to the cash prizes, the top three audience favorite playwrights will be awarded trophies.
All TCT Auditions are Open to the Public, although membership is Required for Participation in Productions.
© 2019 Tehachapi Community Theatre